Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Washington

Q: How can I find help in filing a criminal lawsuit against a company for financial conflict of interest?

I have proof that a background screening company is giving incorrect "dilute" results through negligent malpractice for urine samples in order to gain more money due to the law requiring new samples be given paid for by the employer. I can prove that multiple precautions are taken in by the screening company in order to guarantee that the integrity of the urine sample is compromised through their process. I can provide much more information in detail. I was a certified urinalysis program coordinator in the Marine Corps and am familiar with DoT regulations and have spoken with a licensed Pharmaceutical doctor as well about lab procedure that is also willing to testify that there is a financial conflict of interest being done as well as willful negligence being conducted. Can anyone assist me or point me to someone who may hear this matter?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To pursue a criminal lawsuit against a company for financial conflict of interest and negligent malpractice, you should consider the following steps:

1. Consult with an attorney: Seek out a lawyer specializing in healthcare fraud, corporate misconduct, or whistleblower cases. They can evaluate your evidence and advise on the best course of action.

2. Contact relevant regulatory agencies:

- Department of Transportation (DOT) if DOT regulations are involved

- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

- State medical boards or health departments

3. Consider filing a qui tam lawsuit: If the company is defrauding the government, you might be able to file a whistleblower lawsuit under the False Claims Act.

4. Document everything: Gather all evidence, including test results, communications, and witness statements.

5. Report to law enforcement: Depending on the scale of the fraud, you may want to contact:

- Local police department

- State Attorney General's office

- FBI, especially if interstate commerce is involved

6. Reach out to legal aid organizations: They may be able to provide assistance or referrals.

7. Contact consumer protection agencies: Your state's consumer protection office might be interested in investigating.

Remember, criminal cases are typically pursued by government prosecutors, not individuals. Your role would likely be as a complainant or witness.

Given the complexity of your situation, I strongly recommend speaking with an attorney experienced in healthcare fraud or corporate misconduct as your first step. They can help you navigate the legal landscape and determine the most appropriate course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.