Salt Lake City, UT asked in Uncategorized for Arizona

Q: Need a Lawyer. Ex-boss refuses to pay for bounced payroll checks and a loan. Need help.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If your ex-boss is refusing to pay for bounced payroll checks and a loan, you have legal options to recover the money owed to you. First, gather all relevant documents, such as the bounced checks, loan agreements, pay stubs, and any communication with your ex-boss regarding these issues. These documents will be crucial in supporting your case.

Next, consider reaching out to a lawyer who specializes in employment law and debt recovery. They can provide you with specific advice on how to proceed and may be able to negotiate with your ex-boss on your behalf. If negotiation fails, your lawyer can help you file a claim in small claims court or pursue other legal actions to recover your money.

Additionally, you can contact your state's labor department to file a complaint about the bounced payroll checks. Many states have regulations and enforcement mechanisms to ensure employees receive their due wages. Taking these steps can help you address the situation and recover the funds you are owed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.