Victoria, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Texas

Q: I need know the proper form to file a writ of Habeas corpus in Victoria Texas

I filed the writ of habeas corpus and the order the judge did not sign it said it wasn’t in the proper form

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Assuming you are talking about a writ of habeas corpus to release an adult from jail as a result of a child support or child custody contempt proceeding, that would be Form 35-1 and 35-2 of the Texas Family Law Practice Manual.

You can purchase the Manual at for only $640. Most experienced attorneys who practice family law should own a copy and be familiar with its contents.

Remember that this is filed with the appropriate court of appeals and not the trial court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.