Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alaska Car Accidents Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Alaska on
Q: Hit by an uninsured driver - can I get insurance from others in the car?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 23, 2018

You could contact an attorney in Alaska to review your insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage. Depending on coverage and injuries (I hope no one was hurt)/property damage, an attorney could advise further on what you should do next.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and DUI / DWI for Alaska on
Q: Girlfriend had a DUI accident back in Sept and the court just filed last week. Was looking to see what the outcomes are

Offense happened on Sept 28 and being charged with assault 3 cause injury w/weapon class c

DUI BAC .08+

Reckless endangerment

But the court just filed it on 21MAR18 and I was wondering if she’s 19 and already completed AA classes what the possible outcomes are

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 30, 2018

She has bigger issues with the other charges, so she needs to consult a criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Alaska on
Q: if i settle claim with third party am i able to file claim with my own auto insurance - under insured with in the statu

this is regarding a bike accident happened in april 24th 2016. i was not at fault. the total sum of past and future economic damage is greater than 50000. the third party agreed to settle the policy limit which is 50000. i am planning to approach my own auto insurance company to get support for my... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 22, 2018

You usually need the consent to settle from the underinsured carrier. May be more than one if someone in your household also has it, depending on your state's law and the contracts. Note that in some states you have to repay liens out of the settlement, so if you are d.i.y'ing it be sure... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Alaska on
Q: i recieved a registered letter from state farm saying my accident was my fault. i did not receive a moving violation.

are they intimidating me? is this legal?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jan 4, 2018

Anyone can send anything. If you were hurt in the wreck, contact a member of the Alaska Assn for Justice--they give free consults. Not clear if they are your company or the other persons. If the other persons, give their letter to your insurance. Do not give any company a statement until... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.