Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Wrongful Death legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Iowa Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, DUI / DWI and Wrongful Death for Iowa on
Q: Son died 12 hrs after car failed to yield. Driver had 2 warrants 4 DUI, no licenseby, 9 suspensions. Manslaughter?

What recourse do we have? Never want another family to deal with the same loss as we have had.

Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
answered on Sep 8, 2020

If there is insurance you can sue for wrongful death.

2 Answers | Asked in Probate and Wrongful Death for Iowa on
Q: My father died of mesothelioma, we were not included in lawsuit, but estate has been in probate. How can we still file
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
answered on May 1, 2018

I am only willing to put the time into answering this question if I am hired on a contingent fee basis to represent the estate. The Administrator or Executor would need to call my office, schedule a time to talk and then decide if they wanted to hire the Lombardi Law Firm. It is doubtful any lawyer... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Iowa on
Q: Wrongful death

My mom was struck from behind walking home on thanksgiving morning along the highway.

The doctor just released her from the hospital before the accident happened.

She wasnt in her right mind because her Med doctor took he off of lithium and put her on something else which messed her... View More

Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
answered on Mar 6, 2018

There are multiple possible claims with this fact scenario. It appears you are asking about medical malpractice, but there could be a motor vehicle accident claim against the driver and owner. There could be a dram shop action against a bar. You need to discuss it with a lawyer. You need an... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for Iowa on
Q: I just need legal advice, I've been told I may have a lawsuit.

March of 2017 I contacted a DHS case worker regarding my sister being addicted to prescription drugs while being pregnant and neglecting her two other chidren and nothing was done. Other people besides me have contacted DHS with the same concerns I had and again nothing was done. September 28th... View More

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 16, 2018

The nieces estate would have a claim as would children. Suggest that you contact a member of the Iowa Assn for Justice to get the basics of who can sue, then proceed from there.

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Iowa on
Q: My husband died about a decade ago but I've been so busy trying to support myself after his passing

that I'm only looking into filing for wrongful death now. Is it too late?

Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
answered on Nov 5, 2016

I'm hesitant to answer this question without knowing more. See a lawyer. My gut tells me it's doubtful. And so see a lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.