Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kansas Wrongful Death Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Kansas on
Q: My son was killed by a wrong way, drunk driver on November 11, 2017. His mother and I have been divorced for many year.

Since 2003 my son and I have hardly spoken. I have been told that under Missouri law I can still file a wrongful death lawsuit. Is this correct?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Feb 26, 2018

Contact a member of the Assn for Justice of the state where the wreck happened. They give free consults. You want someone who has handled cases against car companies as there may be a "crashworthiness" claim.Don't wait.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Wrongful Death for Kansas on
Q: If someone was killed in front of my business is it possible that the family can sue me I live in Kansas City Mo
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jan 25, 2018

If your business had nothing to do with the person being there, let alone being shot, no. Even if the person was a customer, I don't see it. You may have some issues if it was in your building, but if someone is walking the outside of your building and someone else shoots them that does not... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Wrongful Death for Kansas on
Q: my brother in-passed away and before he died, she negligence to care for him and knew he was sick. can see be in fault

He done drugs and had past out and many said, you need to get him to the hospital, but instead she left and he past away. Can she be at fault for being his care taker and just leaving him alone like that. knowing that he was really bad off.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Dec 7, 2016

Doesn't say who "she" was and what her relation was. If she was an unpaid relative, wife etc she may be careless but it's not something I see anyone having a claim on. What you should do is contact a member of the Kansas Assn for Justice and get an in person consultation. They... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Wrongful Death for Kansas on
Q: In a wrongful death litigation for the wrongful death of my husband. Is my criminal background admissible
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Feb 4, 2016

The admissibility of evidence is fact-specific. Talk to a local lawyer.

Please Take Notice: I am not your lawyer unless we enter into an engagement agreement in writing. This is only general information. It is NOT legal advice, and it may not work for your specific situation. It is...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.