Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Car Accidents legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Maine Car Accidents Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Maine on
Q: Premeditaded crime or culpable homicide?

Should a person who has been involved in a car accident due to reckless driving - an accident which has led to the death of the passenger with him - while on his way to the scene of another premeditated crime in which he was an accomplice have what penalty imposed on him?

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 26, 2023

If the question is what penalty can be imposed for a manslaughter charge involving reckless driving, the answer is the maximum penalty is 30 years. The court looks to a number of factors to determine the appropriate sentence, including the way the crime was committed, and the individual who... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Personal Injury and Criminal Law for Maine on
Q: left the scene of a pd accident no damage to property and not much to my vehicle either i was charged with class c

what can i expect to get when i go to court for this there also was no alcohol or drugs involved

Hunter J Tzovarras
Hunter J Tzovarras pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 3, 2021

The first court date is an initial appearance. The Judge will make sure you're aware of the charge and maximum penalties, which for a Class C felony charge is up to 5 years in prison and $5000 fine, the Judge will find out whether you're going to hire a lawyer, or ask to have a lawyer... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Maine on
Q: Should I send title to my motorcycle to opposing insurance company before they made me an offer? They say I have to.

I was in a motorcycle collision. The other party took full responsibility . Now his insurance company wants me to send them the title to my motorcycle without having made me an offer. Should I do this? It doesn't seem right. Is this regular, legal procedure?

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Apr 5, 2021

Send them a copy of your title in case they want verification that the motorcycle is in your name and whether or not a lien is against it. Once you have a resolution, then forward the actual title, if they want it. If the insurance company is being difficult and/or if you have physical injuries,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Maine on
Q: when you sign settlement paper how many days must you legally wait before you get the check??
Robert D. Kreisman
Robert D. Kreisman
answered on Jun 22, 2018

It depends on the law in your jurisdiction. For example, Illinois has law directly on point of your question. You should ask this question to the lawyer handling your case or an attorney in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.