Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Medical Malpractice legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Nebraska Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers
3 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: I went to an ER severe headache and pressure behind left eye. They treated me for sinusitis and discharged me. I advised

The treatment did not help and was crying because of the pain. They basically booted me out the door. (3-31-21) On 4-10-21 My 13yr old son had to call an ambulance for me as I could no longer recognize him or my daughter. I don't remember any of that. What the "sinusitis" turned... View More

Tim Bottaro
Tim Bottaro
answered on May 11, 2021

I'm sorry but I don't practice in this area of the law. A couple of Sioux City area attorneys who might be able to help you include Bob Tiefenthaler at 712/252/5080 in Sioux City and Bob Stahle at 402/494/3012. There are many more attorneys in the Omaha area which it appears is where you... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: I have been in the ER twice for the same issue. Sent home. 3rd time became medical emergency. Medical negligence?

I was told the issue would resolve on it's own. Diagnostic tools used were not the best for the issue.

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Nov 22, 2020

Medical malpractice cases generally examine whether the medical practitioners met the standard of care or not. Even if they did not, you would still have to have some type of quantifiable damages due to not meeting the standard of care to make it make sense to file a court action. If you have... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: How do i file grievance on police officers? And doctors causing more pain and mental anguish& financial crisis.

Drug induced psychosis diagnosis polysubstance overdose

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 19, 2018

Unlikely to succeed as there was an OD, mental anguish is not favored by the courts in any state and is viewed hypertechnically, and "financial crisis" generally means they rocked your house of cards, it fell, but courts say unless they caused an injury that of itself took you out the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: can I sue for retained placenta which caused me to get septic a hysterectomy feature hernia surgery here soon Nd other c
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 29, 2016

you will want to consult a member of the Nebraska Assn for Justice who handles medical issues--they give free consultations. Do this promptly. Do not discuss with medical staff any negative feelings. Let them talk. Not only do you learn more but you may need follow up care now and it's not... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: If a sentinel event occurs, is the hospital liable for long-term damages?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Jul 19, 2016

Not sure what you mean by a "sentinel event"as it can mean many things.But it sounds like you mean an error that cause a damage, possibly longterm. Short answer is if it was due to carelessness, yes, but.....legislatures are very protective of the medical profession so medical... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.