Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Cannabis & Marijuana Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oregon Cannabis & Marijuana Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law and DUI / DWI for Oregon on
Q: I just turned 18 and am entering diversion soon I have my medical marijuana license. Can I still medically smoke?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 26, 2024

Whether you can continue to use medical marijuana while entering a diversion program largely depends on the specific terms and conditions of the program you're enrolled in and the laws of the state you reside in. Diversion programs are alternatives to traditional criminal proceedings and often... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Child Support and Divorce for Oregon on
Q: My fiancé’s ex wife is growing pot illegally and not reporting earnings to IRS in Oregon. We are paying child support…

He has 2 kids; one lives with us full time and the other stayed with his mother and just turned 18. He moved out and is still in HS living with friend in Portland. The mother grows pot illegally in southern Oregon and the younger son living with us doesn’t want to be there. She was unemployed... View More

Vincent J. Bernabei
Vincent J. Bernabei
answered on Sep 28, 2021

A court has authority to modify a child support order when there has been a substantial change in economic circumstances that was not anticipated at the time of the original judgment. To determine one's income, the court considers both actual and potential income. “Actual income” means... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Oregon on
Q: Is selling cannabis seeds as souvenirs or a means to preserve genetics illegal? What about giving them away?
Caleb R. Stiles
Caleb R. Stiles
answered on Aug 12, 2021

Most states regulate seeds adjacently to their actual medicinal or recreational marijuana programs. You will need to consult the agricultural laws or agencies in your state to determine whether the sale of cannabis seeds has been directly promulgated or provided for in your state.

View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.