Rhode Island Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers

Q: I have been cleared to go back to work with limitations. My employer Does not have work for me until i am 100%

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Rhode Island on
Answered on Oct 19, 2016
Neville Bedford's answer
Speak to the attorney you have assisting you with your Workers' Compensation claim.

Q: Does Rhode Island compensate injured workers for milage accrued for doctors visits and rehab?

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Rhode Island on
Answered on May 12, 2015
Neville Bedford's answer
These are great questions to discuss with the attorney handling your Worker's compensation case. These items would usually be minimal when compared to the actual medical costs and the pain and suffering, along with lost wages.

Q: I've been out on comp for 2 months everything was fine but i got a call today from the case nurse manager and she wants

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Rhode Island on
Answered on Jan 27, 2015
Bernard P. Healy's answer
It is not unusual for the Workers Compensation Insurer to assign a nurse practitioner to an injury case like your. Sometimes the nurse practitioner can be helpful. Always keep in mind that she is an agent and probably an employee of the insurer. The practitioner's ultimate loyalty will be to the insurer.

You dont have to agree to the practitioner's involvement in the case. The company has no right to have her involved in your case. If you initially agree to her involvement you can...

Q: I'm getting a work comp settlement in RI also I'm now going into foreclosure can settlement be attached or lien put on i

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Rhode Island on
Answered on Dec 17, 2012
Timothy J. Deffet's answer
That is a good question. In most states a "lien" cannot be attached to a workers' compensation settlement unless the government (IE Medicare or Medicaid) has paid benefits related to this work comp injury. However, you should consult ASAP with a RI attorney who does work comp.

Q: Eye injury on the job.punctured eye, 7 stitches inner eye 2 patches to stop leaks in eye whats it worth

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Rhode Island on
Answered on Aug 3, 2012
Timothy J. Deffet's answer
You should contact a Rhode Island work comp attorney immediately. I grew up on Aquidneck Island. What was the date of your injury and what happened? You should not give a statement to anyone, or or written without consulting an attorney. Also do not sign anything. I am very sorry for your injury.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.