Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Social Security legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
West Virginia Social Security Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for West Virginia on
Q: I'm wanting to apply for disability I am diagnosed as manic depressive bipolar with adhd and ptsd how do I apply

I've never dealt with this and I really need the help I haven't been able to hold a job in over a year for more than a month I'm not very good with computers and I'm currently living in a really unhealthy living situation bc of my diagnosis and judgmental parents and zero income... View More

Scott F Bocchio
Scott F Bocchio pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 4, 2019

We always suggest that you apply for SSDI and see if you are eligible. Please keep in mind, the process is tedious and can take as little as 3 months or as long as 24+ months. It's imperative to have all medical documentation and appointments up to date at all times.

Attorney Scott...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for West Virginia on
Q: Arrears and SSDI, How much of 764.00 can the state of WV take per month? And how much of back pay?
Jerry Lutkenhaus
Jerry Lutkenhaus
answered on Sep 17, 2014

You did not say what kind of arrears. However, if child support, the state can attach part of your benefits.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for West Virginia on
Q: My Mom passed away in West Virginia and was getting SSI. Does anyone get her Social Security benefits?
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Jul 18, 2012

No. They were only for your mother. They terminate upon death.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for West Virginia on
Q: Am I able to collect part of my ex-husband social security if I am receiving social security disability? 20 years marrie
Jerry Lutkenhaus
Jerry Lutkenhaus
answered on Feb 19, 2012

If you are over 60 you can apply for it. However, unless his check is higher than yours you would get additional benefits. You get whichever is higher. This is meant to be general information and not legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.