Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Indiana Criminal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: My pub def has not answered any call or message for six weeks. Can I request a new one?
Paul Stanko
Paul Stanko
answered on Aug 27, 2020

Unless you have an urgent situation or a hearing in the near future, you should not be alarmed. Especially in the current pandemic, public defenders are swamped with cases (fewer people are working) and also having to deal with the same crisis management as everyone else in the court system. You... View More

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Indiana on
Q: I was accepted to work release but w covid-19 they aren't taking people I was told to report to jail what can I ask

The judge for because I'm a single sole provider of two kids and also a essential worker...i was granted an extension but are not allowed any more but that was before covid-19 anything I could ask the judge for during this pandemic

Mike Cunningham
Mike Cunningham
answered on Apr 19, 2020

You should consult with a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. He/she can go over your options and can possibly file motions on your behalf to make sure that you can complete your sentence in a way that you originally bargained for. Depending on the terms of your plea or sentencing order,... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.