Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Louisiana Child Custody Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Louisiana on
Q: I have Joint custody of my daughter, 15 years of age. My ex-wife is the domicile parent. Does my ex have the right to

give my daughter the Covid-19 vaccine against my wishes? My wishes were stated in a message to my ex on OFW, prior to the first vaccinination and again after the first, and prior to the second.

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 26, 2021

Yes as the domiciliary parent, she has the right to give your daughter an FDA approved, CDC recommended vaccination which is also recommended by the AMA to prevent potentially terminal disease including: measles, mumps, rubella, polio, meningitis, HPV, pneumonia, chicken pox, diphtheria, pertussis... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Louisiana on
Q: I want to shorten the agreed visitation time because my child is not being well taken care of.

The agreed visitation time is two weeks due to the father work schedule. The recent visit took a turn for the worse and I saw how sick and unkept ,without my knowledge, his heat rashes and eczema has progressed, as well as a peaking cold. His father left him to visits his girlfriend and left the... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on May 11, 2021

1) Get your child a Covid vaccination if over age 12,

2) if you have a judgment, you will have to hire an attorney to change it and can be held in contempt if you don't follow it in the mean time.

3) if you don't have a judgment, hire a custody lawyer to get one Nd you can...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Louisiana on
Q: Can I file for emergency custody if my ex is not following guidelines during the pandemic and my kids are sick?

My wife's ex husband has split custody with my wife and I, 7/7, and our residence is their primary. My wife's ex husband has allowed the children to sleep over at friends' houses, taken them to public places and exposed them to unnecessary risk that we (as a group) had previously... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jul 14, 2020

Your custody attorney can file for ex Parte. However, the 1st circuit has already decided they will not interfere with joint or shared custody if one parent has a front line job. Their reception to risky behavior may be similar. Additionally for family law cases, the 21st JDC has already... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.