Does permanent legal custody give us the right to change the childs last name to ours? Filing under ORC 2151.42

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

David Scott Heier Esq

Answered 11 months ago

When permanent legal custody is granted, the biological parents in this situation lose all their parental rights. The legal parents can petition the Probate Court for a name change.