Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Steven Willock
1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: My son and daughter own a piece of property in Wa. State, 50% each. My daughter signed her 50% over to me with a quite

claim deed, notarized, but has not been recorded. Is it a legal document ? Which one of us own the 50% ?

Steven Willock
Steven Willock
answered on Oct 15, 2019

Assuming the quit claim deed conveying your daughter's 50% interest to you complies with the statutory requirements for a quit claim deed under Washington law, the deed would be a legal document enforceable against your daughter even if it has not been recorded. A deed does not need to be... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.