Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Kevin C. Ferry

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Connecticut on

Q: If my landlord does not fix something. That i have been telling him about. And i get hurt because he didn't fix it.

What do i do??

Kevin C. Ferry answered on Dec 22, 2010

Even if you never told your landlord about the dangerous condition that caused you injury, you may have a legal remedy. In your case, the landlord has actual knowledge of a dangerous condition and that makes your case stronger. If you did not advise of the condition in writing and the landlord... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on


If you have additional details about your question fill them here

Kevin C. Ferry answered on Dec 22, 2010

During the three year probation period a violation could result in having to serve the additional three years. The sentence you write about is six years to serve, suspended after three followed by three years of probation. Three years is hanging over head until the probationary period is over.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: Do I need a lawyer for larceny in the sixth degree ?

Kevin C. Ferry answered on Dec 22, 2010

Any intelligent lawyer will say yes. The saying goes, only a fool has himself for a client. However, if you have no criminal history and are willing to burn a get out of jail free card, you can apply for a program to keep your record clean. That is something that can be done without counsel,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on

Q: Does people that were involved in a crime that had there case nolle have to help pay restitution

There was 3 people involved in an larceny crime 2 had it nolle the other one went to jail and was order to pay the full amount of restitution. is it anyway the other 2 should have to pay there share? they were also involved in the crime

Kevin C. Ferry answered on Dec 22, 2010

No, the person who plead guilty or was found guilty will be responsible for the entire amount. A Nolle is not entered with conditions attached, such as restitution.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.