Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Michael Ryan Seward
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can you get a fire arm with a f3 child endangerment ?
Michael Ryan Seward
Michael Ryan Seward
answered on Jun 12, 2021

A person with a any felony conviction on the criminal history would be required to answer "yes" to the question about criminal convictions on the ATF form used when purchasing a firearm. This would preclude someone from buying, and would cause a failure to pass the PICS instant background check.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Do I have a felony?

I thought I got a 3rd degree felony when I was 19, a job I want just did a 20 yr background an it came back clean, yes the offense was in less then 20 yrs, no its not sealed or removed in anyway that im aware of. Its a 3rd degree felony criminal trespass I thought is it possible that I plead to... View More

Michael Ryan Seward
Michael Ryan Seward
answered on Jun 12, 2021

If someone is convicted as an adult, the conviction will appear on a criminal history regardless of whether the plea was guilty or no contest.

If an offense happened before the age of 18, it may have been processed as a juvenile adjudication of delinquency, even if the case did not close...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.