Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jeffrey R. Garvin
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: What are some circumstances where a lawsuit arising from a car accident could become a criminal, rather than a civil,


Jeffrey R. Garvin
Jeffrey R. Garvin answered on Jun 14, 2017

The most common is where there was intoxication and a death and the charge is negligent homicide. It would, however , be a completely separate case from the auto accident case and would be brought solely by the government.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Florida on
Q: What are some of the ways I could receive money in a car accident lawsuit?
Jeffrey R. Garvin
Jeffrey R. Garvin answered on Jun 12, 2017

In the event you have a permanent injury your are entitled to recover for your pain and suffering and inability to lead a normal lifestyle. Additionally, whether or not your injury is permanent you are entitled to recover your medical expenses and lost wages. Personal Injury Protection insurance... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.