Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by George Chadwell Creal Jr.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: How long will my License be taken for an under age dui

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Aug 9, 2019

In Georgia for under 21 DUI drivers, there are 4 possible outcomes: 1) one year for refusing a test resulting from an administrative license suspension with no limited permit; 2) a 30 day administrative suspension for blowing over the legal limit with a limited permit and day for day credit toward... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: Ex-girlfriend arrested for DUI and a few other offences. What kind of jail time is she looking at?

I bailed my ex girlfriend out of jail yesterday. She was arrested for DUI, driving on the wrong side of the road, failure to maintain lane, open container, and going 71 mph in a 55 in Georgia. This was her first DUI. Im worried what kind of jail time she is looking at (minimum) and the best course... Read more »

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Jan 27, 2018

A first DUI arrest in 10 years carries a minimum of 24 hours in jail. The best course of action is to consult with an experience DUI lawyer. There are two pieces to a DUI arrest in Georgia that must be analyzed. First, the criminal component. The criminal case can be broken into four parts. The... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: I heard I will get a 10 day letter for a DUI. What does that mean?

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Feb 3, 2017

In Georgia, you don't get a 10 day letter, rather you have to send a letter requesting a hearing within 10 business days of your Georgia DUI arrest. If you do not send a 10 day letter requesting a hearing after your DUI arrest, your Georgia Driver's License or privilege to drive on the highways of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: Is there any way I may be able to get a DUI charge dropped down to a reckless driving charge.

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Sep 16, 2016

There are a million ways to get a DUI reduced to reckless driving. The trick is finding the facts in your case that will convince the prosecutor handling your case to offer a plea to reckless driving. An example could be a questionably legal traffic stop. Another example might be a video which... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: What is the maximum punishment I can get for having a charged with possession of a drug-related object.

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Sep 16, 2016

The first offense is a misdemeanor and carries up to 12 months in jail and a $1000 fine. A second offense is a felony and can carry 1 to 5 years in state prison and fines up to $5000.00.

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New York on

Q: If I'm charged with a DUI is there any way I won't lose my license?

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Sep 16, 2016

You could have your DUI charged reduced to a lesser included offense that does not carry a license suspension like reckless driving or distracted driving.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on

Q: Would I be able to go on a cruise to the Bahamas while on misdemenor probation for DUI?

George Chadwell Creal Jr. answered on Sep 16, 2016

An attorney can have the judge add a provision to your sentencing order at the time of your plea or conviction that you are allowed to travel to the Bahamas. Otherwise, a motion to modify sentence must be filed with the court unless the probation officer approves your travel plans.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.