Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by John P. Cauley
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Q: If im on 2yr parole and i got violated reason didnt report to probation officer how much time will i have to do
John P. Cauley
John P. Cauley answered on Dec 22, 2010

This answer assumes that this is the first time that your probation has been revoked --- If that is true then will be granted a "DETERMINATE RELEASE." DETERMINATE RELEASE = A release to probation granted by statute T.C.A. 40-35-50 that applies to all felons sentenced to two (2) years and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Q: If a case status says criminal court bindover, is there a statue of limitations for them to prosecute?
John P. Cauley
John P. Cauley answered on Dec 14, 2010

That is a difficult question to answer. When a criminal court refers to a case as "bind over" it tells me that the defendant was arrested and formally put on notice of the charge. From that point a delay in presenting the case to the grand jury and any resulting delay in a trial are due... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Q: A person in tennessee cited for patronizing a prostitute would they be arrested or just fined.
John P. Cauley
John P. Cauley answered on Dec 13, 2010

Generally -- there is an arrest and a bond set. The resolution of the case will depend upon the person's history. Normally, if found guilty or if the person pleads guilty, there can be some minimal jail time (24-48 hours) and a fine of some sort. It varies from case to case and upon the... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.