Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Scott Magee
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: can a Texas officer arrest for a failure to use a turn signal after being denied a search of the vehicle.

i was pulled over for failure to use turn signal. they asked to search and i declined. he told me that was suspecious. i stated thats not the law. then he asked why i was arrested a year and a half prior?( i was for controlled substance but not indicted at the time) i stated if your asking that... View More

Scott Magee
Scott Magee pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 1, 2023

Every case is different. Without seeing the dashcam it is hard to say what is reversible. Generally, police officers can pull you over for technical violations of the law (failure to signal, speeding, etc.). Many times they just want to search the car. However, these "pre-textual... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.