Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Cy Matthew Abdo
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: I was recently pulled over, the officer didn't give reason to why he pulled me over.but he cited me for driv w/ susp &

switched tag. also, I had a warrant for FTA on prev Dr w/susp. I was cuffed put in back of patrol car immediately. he began to search vehicle w/o my knowledge and completely out of sight. he then brought to my attn he found something. he proceeded to pull a Ziploc bag from his shirt pocket... View More

Cy Matthew Abdo
Cy Matthew Abdo pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 5, 2022

You will need consult with an attorney licensed to practice law in your home state which appears to be Alabama. Attorneys are required to meed specific qualifications in order to practice in another state. The warrant made it legal for the police to detain you and search your vehicle prior to... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.