Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ashley Wren
1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Florida on
Q: I received a notice from the Social Security Administration saying that my disability and Medicare will be ending.

I have already filed an appeal. Is this matter something you can help me with?

Ashley Wren
Ashley Wren
answered on Feb 7, 2017

It depends on why they have terminated your benefits. Is it due to an overpayment or your ability to work has changed?

2 Answers | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Florida on
Q: I have a small business that is in the process of closing.I have a Work Comp Penalty that I am making monthly payments

The penalty is not right and I tried fighting the accusation. I lost. Once the business is closed, can they go after me personally for the payment? Do I legally have to continue to pay? Thank you.

Ashley Wren
Ashley Wren
answered on Feb 2, 2017

If this is in relation to a stop work order then the Division can only go after assets related to the business and owned by the business, or corporation.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.