Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ms. Althea Stacy Prince
2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for New York on
Q: I been in the US green card legally for over 30 years I finally apply for citizenship over a year a go I applied for

Citizenship about a year and a half ago since I was arrested in nj, they need it to a document called notice of disposition from the municipal court of Jersey City this was during peak Covid time six months ago I now live in Suffolk LI I am disabled and on disability and could not go in person so... Read more »

Ms. Althea Stacy Prince
Ms. Althea Stacy Prince
answered on Nov 19, 2021

First, I understand first-hand the difficulty one goes through getting certified records from courts, particularly one outside of your home jurisdiction. Second, unfortunately I've never been able to get USCIS to refund fees where a missing document was their fault. That said, you have the... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.