Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Mr. Alan Peyrouton
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for New Jersey on
Q: my boyfriend took my rental car keys while i was sleep am i responsible?

my boyfriend took my rental car keys while i was asleep and got into a car chase with the state troopers and he abandoned the car with the keys and now im going to be arrested because i tried to cover for him im afraid i've never been in any trouble before and i dont want to go to jail i need... View More

Mr. Alan Peyrouton
Mr. Alan Peyrouton
answered on Feb 26, 2019

You may be facing "obstruction of justice" charges, however, we will need more information to further assist you. You can reach us at 201-766-4800 for a free consultation.

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Jersey on
Q: Is title 39, section 4-50 , 4-50.4a. Crime or a Motor Vehicle Charge in the state of New Jersey?

Just a simple question.

Mr. Alan Peyrouton
Mr. Alan Peyrouton
answered on Jan 23, 2019

It is a traffic offense. It is considered "Quasi-Criminal" because there is exposure to incarceration. However, a DWI conviction will not appear as a "Criminal" conviction on your record. It will appear on your driving record.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.