Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mary E. Ramos
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Texas on
Q: divorcing after 40 yrs. am i entitled to half the house and half of his ira? he abandoned me after my stroke

i filed and he responded denial to my simple request. also need 24 hour care as i am learning to walk again. care is expensive and i am low on funds. i do recieve 1500. from ssecurity

is it posssible to get spousal support? how much?

Mary E. Ramos
Mary E. Ramos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 8, 2023

In Texas, assets acquired during the marriage are considered community property. This means that any asset earned or acquired during marriage– be it earnings, retirement accounts, real property, personal belongings, etc – are subject to a just and right division in a Texas divorce. Even if an... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.