Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by John M. Milazo
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Tennessee on
John M. Milazo
John M. Milazo answered on Mar 31, 2013

There are four types of alimony. These are:

1. Transitional Alimony which is used in short-term marriages and intended to help the financially disadvantaged spouse transition into the post-divorce lifestyle. Transitional alimony is not modifiable, but may terminate upon conditions if set...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Tennessee on
Q: I've hired a lawyer for divorce & child custody to find out my wife used him against me in child custody beforewe marrie

Both cases invovled my son the lawyer seems to be on my wife's side! What can I do about it?

John M. Milazo
John M. Milazo answered on Mar 31, 2013

This is a potential conflict of interests which should have been disclosed prior to representation and waved in writing by both you and your wife. This must occur before representation can begin. He should return the money and refrain from representing either party.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Q: My niece has been arrested in Fayette County Tennessee for child abuse. Does she need a lawyer?
John M. Milazo
John M. Milazo answered on Mar 23, 2013

Yes. She absolutely needs an attorney. Child abuse is a horrible crime for which sympathy is rarely granted. Whether your niece is guilty of the offense for which he is charged, or if she is wrongfully accused; she needs to be represented by an experienced criminal defense attorney. A good... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.