Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Thomas C. Rollins, Jr.
1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy for Vermont on
Q: Filing Chapter 7 in Vermont and just approved for student loan refund is this protected?

I am currently filing chapter 7 bankruptcy via the internet through Upsolve and to keep the story short I was charged out of state tuition for two semesters totaling just over $10,000 maxing out my loans for the school year so I can not return until fall next year without out of pocket pay. I was... View More

Thomas C. Rollins, Jr.
Thomas C. Rollins, Jr.
answered on Nov 20, 2020

If you are holding this money in your bank account or as cash then it usually will not matter what the funds represent. You must even disclose the fact that you are owed the money even if school is still holding the money.

While these funds represent your tuition money from your...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.