Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Joshua Kaizuka
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: Cop uses gym computer to search for gym members information.


I work at a gym. A police officer frequently ask other employees and me to search for other gym members information. The information we have on the computer includes addresses , phone numbers, relatives and emergency contacts. The gym members the police officer is looking for are... View More

Joshua Kaizuka
Joshua Kaizuka
answered on Jul 8, 2022

Sure sounds like there are privacy issues being violated by the gym if it is giving out membership information, especially to law enforcement without a warrant. Can't imagine any manager/owner/CEO of a gym has a policy to hand out a member's information to police. I hope the owner has... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for California on
Q: Do people convicted of a first-time DUI always lose their drivers licenses automatically?
Joshua Kaizuka
Joshua Kaizuka
answered on Oct 13, 2017

When someone in California is convicted of a first time DUI, assuming that the blood alcohol level is less than a .20, then it will result in a six month suspension. In alcohol DUI cases, there is also a DMV administrative suspension which can result in a four month administrative suspension... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.