Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Larry Forman

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kentucky on

Q: Can I be convicted for both a DUI charge and for a refusal to submit to a breath test?

Larry Forman answered on Sep 22, 2018


The first is a charge for operating a motor vehicle under the influence under KRS 189A.010.

The second is a an implied consent violation under KRS 189A.103.

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kentucky on

Q: How many times can you get a DUI in Kentucky before you lose your license?

Larry Forman answered on Sep 22, 2018

Do you mean permanently? The Transportation Cabinet can move to revoke your driving privileges permanently under KRS 186.570. You would be entitled to a hearing to put on your defense, of course, and in my experience that provision is fairly rarely exercised.

For example if it determines...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kentucky on

Q: Does kentucky law allow dui school online if i'm from another state

Larry Forman answered on Sep 23, 2014

Kentucky does not allow you to take classes online anywhere in the country. However, you can take classes in a facility out-of-state that the Kentucky courts have approved of and have that count towards your requirement.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Pennsylvania on

Q: Do need an attorney for a Formal DUI Arraignment

Waived preliminary hearing as thought I would go into ARD if I did so.

Larry Forman answered on Sep 23, 2014

You never "need" an attorney for any court proceeding. You can always proceed "pro se" and thus represent yourself. The question is -- is it recommended? I would highly discourage you from going to court on your own. You do not know the process and the prosecutor may give you incomplete information... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for New York on

Q: Can I ask for more time when I show up for my ACD court date?

I have not yet completed the DDP program but I am enrolled, my court date is in a few days, can I show up, pay the fine but ask for more time to complete program and present myself to show proof?

Larry Forman answered on Sep 23, 2014

As long as you can show proof to the court/prosecutor that you are currently in compliance with the court's order, and there is no violation (e.g. missing class dates, etc.) then there should be no problem asking the court for additional time to complete your classes. You will simply get a new... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.