Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Matthew Newborn
1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for Vermont on
Q: Hello, Back in Dec I went off the road in nh on a sat. Mon I called it was he was to busy call back tom. Tues same

Wed bill $3715.02. Also he towed to Vermont which is opposite direction I live. Happened in Jefferson NH and towed 15 miles to Lunenberg VT. What can I do? I asked about payment plan-NO He told me only deal is sign title and give him 1800 in cash.

Matthew Newborn
Matthew Newborn
answered on Mar 13, 2023

I'm sorry to read that this happened to you. Do you have automobile insurance? Have you submitted a claim? You should ask for an itemized list of all the charges. If it's a case of predatory towing, you may want to contact your Attorney General's office &/or the Department of Consumer Affairs.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.