Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Jonathan Turner

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee on

Q: My friend just got a DUI and he had one in 2009 in Alabama and One in Tennessee 2003. Will he get jail time?

also driving on a revoked license.

Jonathan Turner answered on Jun 23, 2018

If convicted of DUI in TN, jail time is mandatory by law. Jail time minimums change with level of intoxication for a first offense and the number of prior DUI convictions. It is important to consult as experienced DUI attorney if charged with a DUI in TN.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on

Q: does the state of Tennessee pick up every aggravated assault case?

husband on parole and has pending charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon involved. he thinks the charges will be dropped just cause the person the charges are concerning said she would drop charges. is that so? i heard this charge carries 3-15 years prison time. if the state picks up... Read more »

Jonathan Turner answered on Dec 6, 2015

The State determines whether to move forward on criminal charges and not the victims. The State has the sole discretion as to whether or not they want to honor a victim'so request.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on

Q: Solicitation of a minor to commit a sex offense under § 39-13-528 jail time in tn

Jonathan Turner answered on Dec 6, 2015

If convicted under this statute, you will face the possibility of jail time. However, this statute covers several different acts that can expose a person to different levels of jail or prison time. Regardless, a person's sentence depends upon a wide variety of factors and statutes. You should... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee on

Q: I been charged with my 3rd offensive dui. My first dui happened when i was 20 and my second when i was 21.

My first dui was charged by dui under controlled substance. My ba was under the legal limit. I live in California now and was just in to visit family but now the judge said i have to get drug & alcohol testing every week til my court date which is aug 19th. I leave to go back on july 17th he said... Read more »

Jonathan Turner answered on Dec 6, 2015

I would consult an attorney about asking the judge to modify these conditions. Often judges will change their mind if given valid reasons.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee on

Q: my daughter is in blount county jail for violating her county probation what type of lawyer does she need?

it is her first time on probation and she failed her first drug test

Jonathan Turner answered on Mar 31, 2015

Your daughter should consult attorneys who are experienced in handling probation violations including drug test violations. The reason is that there are a lot of rules and laws specific to these cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.