Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Christopher D Ramsay
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Washington on
Q: I was convicted of DUI in NH 8 yrs ago, but have relocated to WA. What must I do to reinstate my driving privileges?

I am disabled now and rarely drink. My offense was considered a first offense and my suspension was for 90 days, but I was not able to afford insurance at the time, so I never applied to reinstate. NH says I must follow WA's requirements and show proof in order for them to reinstate me there.

Christopher D Ramsay
Christopher D Ramsay
answered on Mar 18, 2015

I would contact the Washington DOL and see if you may apply for your license here, and what conditions must be met in order to do so. Try calling them at (360) 902-3669

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.