Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ryan McPhie
2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Arizona on
Q: My fiance had a DUI in 2012 but he was arrested last night for failure to appear

- but his lawyer had told him it was all cleared up. What do we do?

Ryan McPhie
Ryan McPhie pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 11, 2017

There are a number of reasons that could have delayed the charging process such as a re-file or a "long form" complaint that allows for the state to wait to charge the case until they have the blood results or other evidence. The State generally has 1 year to charge a misdemeanor DUI, but... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.