Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Paul H. Roitshtein
1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for New York on
Q: Can child support be reinstated on 19 yr old college student who had moved to Florida from Ny?

Child support was cancelled in NY because mother moved to Florida and child stayed in Ny with Father to go to college. Child has since decided to move to Florida to go to school. Can mother get child support reinstated for 19 yr old college student?

Paul H. Roitshtein
Paul H. Roitshtein
answered on Oct 2, 2017

Under NY law, the mother may have a right to seek child support if she now has "residential custody" of the child.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.