Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Dean H. Sutton
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Kentucky on
Q: If I’m pregnant can I file for divorce from my Husband?
Dean H. Sutton
Dean H. Sutton
answered on Sep 20, 2019

Yes, you can file but the official decree of divorce would not likely be finalized until the baby is born and paternity testing is done to determine whether your husband is the child's father.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Kentucky on
Q: Can sons girlfriend take daughter that has joint custody out of state without him being in agreement ?

My son and his ex girlfriend had parenting plan/scheduled made per his attorney 3 yrs ago in case their went separate ways. Now girlfriend is wanting to leave in middle of night with all 3 kids (agreed order plan only on 1st child). If she don’t have his daughter back by Sunday/Monday whichever... View More

Dean H. Sutton
Dean H. Sutton
answered on Sep 14, 2019

Yes, she can get into trouble with regards to the child that is subject to an order if she is violating the order by moving the child out-of-state. With regards to the other two children, if there is no order in place she is not violating anything so your son should seek a court order right away.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.