Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jonathan Sills
1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence for Connecticut on
Q: Is it possible to have a domestic violence offense expunged from your record?
Jonathan Sills
Jonathan Sills answered on Jul 9, 2018

Yes. If the offense was a Misdemeanor you are eligible to apply for a Pardon three years after the date of conviction. If the offense was a felony you are eligible to apply for a a Pardon five years after the date of conviction.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on
Q: Is there a requirement for jail time if you are convicted of a second DUI?
Jonathan Sills
Jonathan Sills answered on Jul 9, 2018

If you are convicted as a second offender, then there is a minimum mandatory 120 day jail sentence that must be imposed. The maximum jail sentence is two years. It is possible to have two DUI convictions and not be sentenced to jail time if the state does not file a Part B information charging you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Connecticut on
Q: Found guilty under Connecticut general statue 21a279a am I still able to get a ccw permit?
Jonathan Sills
Jonathan Sills answered on Jun 26, 2018

Yes. A conviction for possession of a controlled substance or possession of greater than 1/2 ounce marijuana does not automatically disqualify one from obtaining a concealed carry permit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.