Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Dominick R Dolci
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Divorce for Illinois on
Q: 5 month pregnant wife wants divorce and possibly lose the child on purpose, what rights do I have to the baby?

She's suffers from depression and anxiety but refuses to get any type of help and resents anyone who tries to help. At this point, all I care about is the unborn baby.

Dominick R Dolci
Dominick R Dolci answered on Jul 11, 2016

The right to an abortion is typically hers, alone. However, if she is actually 5 months pregnant she is beyond the point of being able to do a legal abortion. If you truly fear that she would do something to hurt the baby at this time, you should report that to her doctor.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Illinois on
Q: I live in Illinois. I am planning on moving to North Carolina in 8 weeks. Should I hold off on filing or can I file now?
Dominick R Dolci
Dominick R Dolci answered on Jul 11, 2016

It depends on which state you want to have jurisdiction for your divorce.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Illinois on
Q: Say you give the police access to your phone to help solve your case, can the police charge you with anything they read?
Dominick R Dolci
Dominick R Dolci answered on Jul 11, 2016

Police would be required to get a search warrant to look through your phone. However, if you voluntarily allow them to look through your phone and they were to find incriminating evidence, they would be able to charge you for that.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Illinois on
Q: My 20 year old son got arrested for DUI on private property. What is the difference being on private property?

What could happen to him? Where do we go from here. They did not have him blow. They said because he smelled of booze on private property was all they need because of his age. There was also weed in the car.

Dominick R Dolci
Dominick R Dolci answered on Jul 11, 2016

Private property relates to the issue of summary suspension. If the state cannot prove that your son drove on a public way, then the summary suspension should be rescinded as a matter of law.

The criminal charge of DUI can still be brought by the state even though your son was on private...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.