Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Douglas Deane Rudolph
1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on
Q: if My friend who drove while drunk gets charged a DWI, would she be able to get it wiped off her record if it’s her 1st?

She did not hurt anyone but she crashed her car and just got brought to the hospital. She was contacted by an investigator who she thinks will arrest her for her offense. I’m just curious as to what will happen to her if she does face a DUI if it’s her first offense?

Douglas Deane Rudolph
Douglas Deane Rudolph
answered on Mar 6, 2018

If this is your friend's first DUI, she may be eligible for a pre-trial diversionary program, in particular, the Alcohol Education Program (AEP). If the court grants her admission into the AEP (alcohol education classes and a victim impact panel) and she successfully completes it, the DUI... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.