Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Jeremy R Miller
1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Utah on
Q: Do we need to make a financial disclosure to get a divorce in Utah? We have no children, no property.

A basic divorce, you go your way and I go mine.

Jeremy R Miller
Jeremy R Miller
answered on Feb 27, 2023

No. You can file a petition, pay the fee, wait 30 days (or apply to waive the waiting period), then file the agreement (called a stipulation) and final documents with the court. This website can help you prepare your documents, or you can hire an attorney to draft them.... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.