Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by William C. Kirby
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: My daughters mother has history of drugs and jail time. Do I have a chance for custody once I establish paternity?

When my daughter was born I went into the army. While in the army I was told her mother took her and left the state. 5 years ago the grandmother contacted my mother. I have been seeing my daughter regularly for 5 years and she has been living with me past couple months due to heath issues of... View More

William C. Kirby
William C. Kirby
answered on Apr 29, 2019

The primary consideration by the court as to whether custody should be modified is whether it would be in the best interests of the child. The court decides this by reviewing a variety factors. If you decide you want to consider seeking custody, I suggest that you first meet with a family law... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.