Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by James F. Stanley
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Colorado on
Q: if a codefendant has their trial testimony sealed, would it be possible for defendant to have access to it if requested?
James F. Stanley
James F. Stanley answered on Feb 16, 2021

If a court issues an order sealing a case in Colorado, then no member of the general public has access to the record. You could file a motion with the court to request access to the record.

1 Answer | Asked in Collections for Colorado on
Q: i live in denver colorado recently a towing co. backed up to my garage witch is attached to my house and towed it away

they repoed it. is it legal for them to tresspasse on my property and tow my car from in my garage

James F. Stanley
James F. Stanley answered on Feb 16, 2021

The first action you should take is call the police and explain in detail what happened, that is make a report. The police agency will decided if the action by the repo company was criminal

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for South Carolina on
Q: How can I resolve an arrest warrant for myself 2 with gettin locked up

Assult charge warrant

James F. Stanley
James F. Stanley answered on Dec 17, 2020

When you find out you have an outstanding arrest warrant for yourself, the first thing to do is find out the specific terms of the warrant. Is a bond set with the warrant? If so, how much is the bond and what are the terms of the bond. If you can post the bond, you can avoid going to jail.... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Georgia on
Q: How often do arrest warrants happen for a disorderly conduct?

I was released in the hospital and the cop said one would Be issued for me. Problem is, I’m traveling soon and I need to make sure What I need to do.

James F. Stanley
James F. Stanley answered on Dec 17, 2020

If a law enforcement officer informs you a warrant will be issued for you on a misdemeanor charge, like Disorderly Conduct, it is possible you can ask if the case can proceed by summons. I suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney, who can contact the officer and see if their are other... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.