Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by David Veliz
2 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Florida on
Q: What’s a mandatory disclosure on a divorce with a child? And when I’m supposed to summit the proof of income and to who?

I filed for divorce in feb. when I did the first package the family affidavit was file . The judge order mediation but her lawyer didn’t submit her affidavit till this morning which I couldn’t see till after mediation which we didn’t agree to anything! I emailed the lawyer asking her for the... View More

David Veliz
David Veliz pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 23, 2023

Both parties are required to provide mandatory disclosure to the other party. Florida Family Law Rule 12.285 states what documents are required to be provided to the other party and the time frame for production. If a party fails to provide said disclosure, the opposing party can file a motion to... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Divorce for Florida on
Q: Can I file a motion to amend divorce petition to add facts relating to false accusations of DV?

I filed for divorce. My “wife” accused me of domestic violence and I was unable to see my son for 7 months. She also took out a civil injunction against me while I still had the ankle monitor. She filed the civil injunction the same day of hearing I had on motion to amend pretrial conditions... View More

David Veliz
David Veliz pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 3, 2023

Yes. If you spouse has filed an Answer to your Petition, you would need to file a Motion to Amend the Petition and set it for a hearing before the court. Most courts will grant the motion and allow you to amend your petition.

You should consult with an attorney to explore all options...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.