Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Olga Izmaylova
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Georgia on
Q: I got a ticket for failing to maintain lane. What happened was an officer turned his lights on and turned side ways

On the road in front of me I almost hit him I quickly turn to right off road to keep from hitting him. What should I do I filed a complaint. I don't trust cop now after they saying it my fault. If the law can write tickets for wrong reason and be justified of there action by making it... View More

Olga Izmaylova
Olga Izmaylova
answered on Jul 27, 2017

It sounds like you need to hire an attorney and enter a Not Guilty Plea. An attorney could obtain additional evidence in the case, such as dash cam or body cam videos, if those are available. An attorney would also advise you on the defenses that are available and the likely outcomes in your case.... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence for Georgia on
Q: Once a police report is made for domestic violence, is it up to victim whether charges are pressed or is it up to the DA

My daughter was the victim of domestic violence. She made a police report but like a lot of victims of domestic violence, she is now worried she's going to get her boyfriend and will most likely change her mind about pressing charges. So, my question is, in the state if GA, is it up to her to... View More

Olga Izmaylova
Olga Izmaylova
answered on Jul 26, 2017

Once the State gets involved in prosecuting the case, it is up to the State whether to proceed with the charges. However, usually, the prosecutor will take the victim's position regarding further prosecution into account when deciding whether to proceed with the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.