Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Shawn Spaulding
2 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for New York on
Q: I am in trouble with the IRS and State for infilled and also owe a substantial in back taxes. I have no money to pay

An attorney but need help. Is there a pro bono person that can help me? I live in MYC

Shawn Spaulding
Shawn Spaulding answered on Dec 19, 2019

If you are unable to get free assistance through the taxpayer advocate, you will need to start by determining exactly which years need tax returns filed. Then, you should be able to gather Wage and Income transcripts (provide W2, 1099, etc.) from the IRS, which will help you get the returns... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.