Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Rick Cofer
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Texas on
Q: How to gef out of jail if I got a mtrp
Rick Cofer
Rick Cofer
answered on Sep 13, 2020

What Texas County is your matter pending in? Generally speaking, there are a number of options for release on an MTRP. But, for the most part, you're at the mercy of the Presiding Judge of the Court from in which the probation originated. Call my office at 512-200-3801 or make contact through... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Texas on
Q: Can I expunge a case that has already been dismissed for free?

I was charged with a POM in a drug-free zone (B) and a PODP (C). I paid a lawyer $1,400 to get the charges dismissed. My lawyer wants to charge me about $2,000 more to get the charges expunged. However, I would much rather pay nothing and do it myself. How difficult is this to do?

Rick Cofer
Rick Cofer
answered on Aug 14, 2020

Congratulations on your charge being dismissed. Now it's time to expunge the arrest and clean your record. Filing a Petition for Expunction can be relatively straightforward or highly complex. For example, if an individual was charged with multiple offenses out of the same arrest, had most of... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.