Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by J. Thomas Ash
2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy for Louisiana on
Q: I surrendered my vehicle in a chapter 13 I still had stuff in it and they came and got it while we were at work.

They never called us to tell us they were coming. What do I do and what are my rights.and can I get a hold of them to get my stuff. I am located in Louisiana

J. Thomas Ash
J. Thomas Ash
answered on Jun 13, 2019

Call the lien holder and they will tell you where the vehicle is at. Then you can go get your stuff out of the vehicle as long as you have your id with you.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.