Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by J. Caleb Cassell
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Federal Crimes for Tennessee on
Q: Can victim show up at defendants residence with a no contact order in place?

The victim showed up at the defendants residence me and my boyfriend and wont leave so i made him leave so he wouldn't get in trouble is that not violating the order for the victim to come to the defendants residence

J. Caleb Cassell
J. Caleb Cassell
answered on May 4, 2020

The answer to the first question (can victim show up at defendants residence with a no contact order in place?), is yes. A victim, or individual protected by a "no contact order", Order of Protection, or similar Court Order, has no restraints on his or her liberty beyond that of a normal... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.