Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Leslie Albeit
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Ohio on
Q: How can I seal my record? How can a dismissed charge show up on a background check?

I received an underage in October of 2017 and a possession of marijuana charge. I had court in Jan 2018 and the drug charge was dropped and I plead guilty to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct. I just got a background check done from Checkr for a delivery application and I noticed that in the report... View More

Leslie Albeit
Leslie Albeit
answered on Nov 11, 2019

All arrests/charges/convictions will show up on a background search. You should contact the court in which you were charged to ask about their application for record sealing. Most of the time for misdemeanor cases in Ohio, it costs $50 to seal a conviction and free to seal a dismissal. You must... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.