Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Matthew Tavi
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Michigan on
Q: My house is only in my late wife’s name. Can I put the house in my name without going through probate?
Matthew Tavi
Matthew Tavi
answered on Sep 26, 2021

I agree with Attorney Don Rosenberg’s answer to your inquiry.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Michigan on
Q: Dad passed on 05/01/2021. Can the wife of 30 years play favorites to the beneficiaries? My dad made a Will in 2004.

Dad deceased 05/01/2021; he did a Will in 2004 naming his 4 children as beneficiaries; upon the wife selling the home his last wishes were to give each one of us (his 4 children) $20,000. But after selling the home she only gave 2 of the children $20, 000 and did not give the other two children... View More

Matthew Tavi
Matthew Tavi
answered on Aug 26, 2021

You need to discuss your situation with a skilled Michigan Estate Planning/Probate Attorney as soon as possible.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.